Hello , here are some pics of our new machine
Awesome pictures cat345:notworthy A real neat and handy piece of equipment. I hope u got some type of corrosion protection on that one. I bet rust will be over it real quick, u aint using it in a nice environment. Is it going to repair the molo shown in the pictures? Building a road out to the end maybe? Keep the pictures comming, they are realy nice!
No , it's a total demolition .Also the pier on the left .
Very nice Pics!:yup Why are they demoing the breakwater?
A brandnew machine getting salt spray I hope it gets a fresh water bath every once in a while or its going to be a little rusty
It's for a bigger entrance for the habor of Oostende ( Belgium )
:thumbsup Thanks for the reply!
Nice Hoe Looks like a total powerhouse machine. How is it to operate?
Nice peice of equipment there. Looks like it has a good first job on the go too. :drinkup
We might have discussed this one before, but am I the only one that thinks the tracks look really narrow for a machine of that size? Joe
Actually the whole house looks too big for its undercarriage. Big machines like that are usually not doing lots of crawling. It is hard to get the scale of the machine. If somebody was standing beside it you could get a idea on how big it is. I looked up the spec's the track pads are 35" inches wide and they offer a 24" wide track pad. I guess they figure a machine that weighs 242,000lbs will sink if it gets into soft ground with wider track pads.
Total weight is 109 ton (109000 Kg )
The standard machine is designed to work in rock and the narrow type shoes are designed for that application... Ford, the way I understand it, the wider the track pad the less ground pressure (psi) which equals more floatation and less tendency to sink. I looked on their website and it shows the EX1200-5D as available with 28" and 35" and as a long track with wider shoes 40" and 44" for softer ground but I'm not sure if this is the exact model CAT345BLR is showing here.
The 1200 is a quarry machine so I guess the narrow track pads give the bite into the hard pan. The wider pads are mainly in the construction industry and ya the wider tracks have less ground pressure. A 1200 Hitachi running wide pads would probably bend them. With that kind of weight the track pads would have to be pretty strong. If you got a 1200 Hitachi your not too worried about ground disturbance your not taking the machine into somebodies back yard to dig a swimming pool
Beautiful piece of equipment.Rock machines tend to have narrow bottoms but that one does seem to be over housed.
Very nice excavator,do yu will jut attach the bucket or a concrete crusher,etc...
Great looking hoe there, although i've run 1100's and i havent noticed many differences between 11 and 1200's. Do you know of any other than the longer boom. Why such as small bucket, ive never worked around water but i assume that's why, or maybe its bigger than it seems. Good luck with that, stay dry.