We jumped on the TD7G - our mechanic took a good look at it for us - sprockets are the worst part of the U/C at maybe 30-40%, Bushings are 65% and found out they are not SALT tracks. I think we are going to run it as is for this coming year and perhaps get new sprockets and turn the pins next winter. We pulled oil samples and there is a fair amount of water contamination in the hydraulic but the rest look OK. We will go ahead and drop all of the oil and replace with new in all of the systems. other items to do are to rebuild the lever pins - tons of slop especially in the tilt function. I'm guessing it just needs new pins in all of those. It appears to have an assortment of cotter pins on those lever pins so stuff may not be original. Need to go peek at a wrecking yard and see if I can find tighter stuff if new is not available. We take delivery next Wednesday- just need to track down the best place to buy filters (and find out part #'s) Best place for online parts or is there any? Anyone have a list of filter #'s?
I had a 7e years ago and it always had condinsation in the hydraulics. Also I found it not worth the money to turn pins in that small of a dozer just run it out as far as it will go. If you put on new sprokets now it will make the pins last longer as a new sproket will hit then in a different spot as the worn ones. Those rails on the 7's don't have a hole lot of wear either so most of the time we just replaced the rails when the bushings were shot or at least after 1 set of replacement bushings. I don't have a list of filters but I buy alot from Shoup they sell Baldwin and can look the up for you. Nice looking dozer.
I have a local shop that will turn them for $600 for the set if I deliver them with half the pad bolts out. With new pins it was $800 more. That's not a bad idea though about putting new sprockets on it. I've heard they are under $400 for the set. Thanks for the tips!
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30965 http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/Applications.aspx?Section=4
Looks pretty good all cleaned up. Wish I had a rake like that on mine. Good luck with it.
hardtail: thanks for those links, bookmarked! Gman yeah that rake is sweet! I think it is the factory rake since it was listed in the serial number. I'm curious if there is a quick and easy method to putting it on and taking it off.
Since it is a pin on, think most guys drive up to a tree, knock the pins out and leave it leaned up until it's next use........
As long as a tree is nearby I also need to rebuild the blade controls. Very sloppy with lots of play in the pins. It see that the tilt play is adjustable but not sure how much adjust is left. I am assuming the pins are the softer part and that new pins will tighten everything up or are there bushings in there too? I know I am going to miss my joystick control in the D7R at work ...
Will these help ??
A brand new International TD7 was the first piece of equipment I operated. Brings back some good memories. Thanks for posting!
g_man - Awesome! Again a huge help! Thanks and hope you Have a very Merry Christmas!