Hi, Here is an of pics of the 320 i have operated for almost 6 years and and acouple of the new 320DL RR i got this friday.
OH YES!!! A very nice looking piece of kit Cat Peter.:notworthy Nick.
Very nice!!!! You kept the old one looking very nice!!:drinkup
Very nice!!!! - and I also agree that you kept the old 320 looking very good as well! Can you tell any difference in stability with the shorter tail? I also noticed you have the roto-tilt attachment in the first two pics of the 320D - how did you like it and where did it go?
Hey Gmads You just uncupple the unit and lay it by your worksite for later use. It has quickcouplings in both "ends". It drags force out of the exc when mounted.(longer distance to the teeths) And you don't wan't to stress the unit while loading stone like in the last picture. We usualy choose the smalest modell rototilt for the machine to save weight. And then u got to be carefull with it.
The Cat 320B looks well looked after, how many hours in total?
Hi Wulf It just passed 8000 hours when i got the new one.
Either your old machine is been repainted or you don't work the machines very hard because it looks in good shape. A excavator around here with 8000 hours would have sagging tracks and battle scars. A machine in good shape does say something about the operator that he takes care of the machine.
Cat-Peter, thats an excellent looking machine for the amount of hours on it. You should be proud to be able to say that you put that many hours on it to have it look almost new. :drinkup You got any close-ups of the Roto-Tilt on the new machine? ----------------------------------------------------------- Just because a machine has been very well taken care of does NOT mean that it hasn't been worked hard. A good operator takes care of his, or her, equipment. When I see a machine in that good a condition with 8,000 hrs., I don't immediately go thinking "Oh, that musta been repainted". Boy, didn't see that coming. Thats in B.C. again, right?
I like to take care of the machines I operate,and I can say that atleast 65%of them 8000 hours has been in granite. Area where I live is mostly granite but we also have our share of sometimes very loose blue clay(yuck)
:d The only part of it that has got new paint is the counterweight. I will take some closeup's of the rototilt!
Obviously you take good care of the machine but who maintains and services the machine Peter? Your selling dealer or yourselves? Do you have a maintenance contract (fixed cost per hour) as have I heard that was very popular in Europe. I am also curious whether components are original such as engine, hyd pumps, swing pinion, swing circle and final drives. How about undercarriage, original or new? Hope you don't mind all the questions
Hi Np,the comapny I work for we do the usual maitenance ourselfs. And there is no major components changed in that 320. Just an fan motor for ventilation and some hoses. Ofcourse we have quite alot of wear an tear on the buckets and that we have an conpany does for us. But my fellow operators who works for the same comapny doesnt take to good care of their machines.Sadly! I could make an quite long list of what has happened to the other machines. I can just say that it it had been my machines the most of the "other operators" would been heading down the highway,sad to say that.
I'am just saying the company/operator takes good care of their machines because at 8000 hours and 6 years usually excavators look heck of a alot worse. The sheet metal is all straight and the counterweight doesn't have huge gouges in it the machine looks straight and clean.