Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Outrigger cylinder rebuild on 310J

danny garcia ยท 2020-11-07 18:40

So I've pulled the cylinders off the machine I have all the seal kits but am completely lost on how this type of cylinder comes apart. I've never rebuilt this type in the picture . Any one out there that can give me advice or know of any videos on this??

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2020-11-08 00:34

    I looked up the parts picture on Deere, looks like you have to remove that big round retaining ring, then clean the gland up and push it in a ways, but after that I'm a bit stumped. There's another retaining ring shown in there, and I think depending on if it's early or late an O-ring between the outer and inner retaining rings. No idea how that inner retaining ring gets compressed or removed. Any ports or slots in the barrel near the outer end there? https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/59083/referrer/navigation/pgId/372633484

  2. #2mg23612020-11-08 05:16

    There is an orange split ring in one of the packing kits that when you push the rod guide in an expose the internal snap ring groove, you put the orange "filler" ring in the groove so when you pull the rod out it keeps the internal snap ring from engaging the groove so the guide can be removed.

  3. #3lantraxco2020-11-08 12:39

    Just WOW, lol.... learn something new every day!