Cannot get the outrigger cylinders to retract. they will extend, lifting the machine off the wheels, but will not go back up. I replaced the extend/retract toggle switch, but no joy. I did read a thread for a different Grove machine with a similar prob lem. will the remedies suggested be applicable to my machine? I can try them tomorrow. Oh Yeah, Where is the the "outrigger selector valve" located on this machine? maybe the problem is there if not the filter or voltage problem as mentioned for the other machine in another thread. Thanks! Tom
Most of the Groves operate the same. Theres a individual coil which is activated by the controls in the cab. Then there is only one directional control, which determines which direction the flow is going. The directional is typically in the center of the lower carrier, with the beam/ jack controls being mounted in two groups of 4 on each outrigger beam set, one front, one rear. Its usually the toggle switch, but you've already replaced that, so you're going to have to chase to the swivel and the directional valve. Its really rare that its the coil on the directional, its usually wiring.
Thanks so much for the reply. I found the directional control beneath the machine as you said. I checked the voltage to it which was ok. I then moved the override lever on the control back and forth. This seemed to free up the spool valve and after giving it another try, the outriggers retracted and extended perfectly. I guess the problem was a stuck spool valve which I freed up by manually moving the override lever back and forth. Thank You For the help!~