When they are deployed (or being deployed or being retracted) my outriggers work just fine. They're totally solid. But when they're in the stowed position, they gradually droop over time. This has been a progressive problem, and it's now to the point where after only three or four days they're virtually sitting on the ground. Anybody know off the top of their head which hydraulic circuit doo-hicky I should be looking at to remedy the problem?
Well, they are completely independent of each other, save for the supply and return. I'd park with the rear tires slightly off the ground and see if they drift the other way.
Displacement. Holding the outrigger in transport position uses less oil then holding up the machine. So my uneducated guess is that they are bypassing internaly. And also externally by the picture. Put a seal kit through them and see what is does. Its cheap any easy to do and leaking already.
hold the out riggers up and remove the lines and cap them and see if they drift down if so it is in the cylinder
I considered that, as both cylinders used to leak slightly. So I had the seals replaced in both of them. And the outriggers still drift when stowed.
Not sure what you're saying. If you mean replacing the cylinder seals, already did it. No effect
Already had the seals in both cylinders replaced. No difference. (I probably should have mentioned that in the post )
Numero 20? #20 shows elsewhere as a check valve.
Also, #3 here, for the other direction.
Unless you rebuilt them yourself, for what its worth id go back and check the work invoice if possible to see if they just replaced the wipers in the gland. Ive seen many folks only replace wipers in the glands for external leaks and never touch the inner seals. It wouldnt cost anything but some time and caps to verify before moving on to further diag.
Did they start creeping again soon after the seals were done? Being that they both creep I'd be wondering if the seals got knicked or weren't installed properly when replacing them. I'm not sure if lifting the tires off the ground would be a good test for the seals because some hoes have lock valves to prevent the cylinders from creeping when they're down. It could definitely be the check valves heymcall shows above if the cylinders seals are for sure good.
I noticed this on my 426. Both drop pretty much equally over 4 or 5 days. Both cylinders have been reworked.One I replaced the seals in myself. The other one went to a shop and had a new piston, chrome rod and seals replaced. I figure it is probably the check valve.
Replacing the seals on the cylinders really didn't seem to effect the creep at all. I trust the shop that did it, so I'm definitely leaning towards the check-valve.
Thanks! Yeah, I'm thinking this might be the animal. Pricey little widget, but they always are
This is the check valve that holds them in the deployed position?