Found these pictures on the net, cool pictures though i thought a bit of a miss match! But hey, what ever gets the job done right?? Any one got any more like this?
another good one
one bucket and she full.
Bring what you have. Use what you bring.
Equipment ? Looks like the excavators need more trucks, like 20 at least, in line at all times ! LOL Not enough trucks , is what I say.
Bring a big hoe, and then bring LOTS of trucks. 20 in line? hopefully only at the start of the shift. I always like 1 truck in line, so the excavator never has to stop. The big Hitachi looks like there are trucks pulling up, so it is doing good. Those big boxes must hold at least 2 scoops. I bet they get some work done at the end of the day
Trucks ? Hello JDOFMEMI, A big hoe like that with trucks hauling a long ? distance off site, ought to be able to handle 20-40 hwyway trucks, depending on how far they got to haul it. Stagger the start times , 1/2 show up at 7am and the othe 1/2 at 7:30. Then during the day they always get strung out by traffic, and bunch up. Better to have a few trucks waiting than the Hoe sitting .
The big Hitachi looks like there are trucks pulling up, so it is doing good. Those big boxes must hold at least 2 scoops. I bet they get some work done at the end of the day[/QUOTE] Yea if i remember right there was a good line of trucks on site, i'l try get some more pictures if i can track it down again!
can I use that.?
Northart I agree, better to always have trucks waiting than the hoe. I was just saying that they should only be lined up at start up, even with a staggered start, as most show up early anyway. I figure that big hoe, your looking at 1 minute or less load times, so 30 trucks to make it the first half hour. Depends on the haul how many you need. If it is a 30 minute haul, then 33 trucks should do, 30 hauling, 1 being loaded, 1 dumping, and 1 waiting to load. Most I have had is 60 trucks on a haul, 20 miles away, with just under an hour round trip. Looked like a shoot for another "Convoy" movie in the mornings!
Trucks Hello JDOFMEMI, The traffic surely affects us here in Anchorage. Depending where the job is ,etc. Even the truckers get mad. LOL Fighting traffic, they want to go home early. And the Operational times allowed by city code. 7am -10pm adjacent to residential areas. And the dump site hours of operation. Some major roads, the airport, Port,military bases,etc. can have night shifts. Outside of town, rules change. Years ago, they had some jobs paid by "the Ton" as opposed to by "the Hour". Truckers liked the ton jobs, but dropped out like fleas if the traffic got bad. Till there was a major trucking accident. Major lawsuits followed. That shut down the ton jobs.
One day, a long time ago, I was working for a contractor who'd hired three tandems (all the same owner), to haul all day. I could keep busy doing other stuff while they were gone. I was loading them with a 955 Cat, and it was taking me 3-5 minutes to load each one. So, they left that far apart, but somehow, all three always came back in one neat little bunch. Never could figure that out... :cool2
I was spreading stone for a parking lot with a D5. I had 10 trucks, 7 tandems and 3 tractors feeding me stone. They were hauling an hour each way. I could get all the stone spread, fine graded, and rolled by the time the next round of trucks came back. And yes, all 10 at a time. For whatever reason, they all ran together. I had never got so much work done, but I was hot around the collar all day too.
All the years I've been loading trucks and I hold a HGV licence myself that is one of the things I have never managed to work out. You maybe get a couple caught at traffic lights and you always get the odd one that doesnt know where he is going so has to follow his mate Strange though when it comes to the last load of the day they all want to get under the bucket at the same time. Thats when I have a :slomo moment. Fair play to those lads loading with those very big excavators its not an easy task getting it in a road truck regimental with a machine that size. :notworthy
Looks like that 5110 is there for its depth abilities, not its truck loading match. We had a Komatsu PC 1100 working a sewer trunk line a several years ago. They had to load out all the spoils as the material coming out was contaminated, or was even old sawdust and sawmill remnants. In the morning there would be 25 semi trucks with 30 yarders lined up for blocks and blocks. The haul was only 4 miles round trip. Needless to say, after the first round the trucks started breaking up. Truck drivers are like sheep, they love to follow the leader. One makes a wrong turn, they ALL do. I understand a few bunching up, but not all of them coming back at the same time. When im loading more than 5 trucks, I grab all the drivers first thing in the morning. I tell them that if they come back at the same time, I will start signing them out until they are spread out. This seems to be fairly effective in keeping them spread apart. Every once and a while you have to sign one or two out to prove this point.
Trying to keep trucks from bunching up is like herding cats. An exercise in frustration. The only thing worse, is having to drive a truck yourself......
Have had to go as far as to put a foreman from our company on the road with the dumps to keep them honest. :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead In defense of the drivers, I feel my IQ drop every time I get behind the wheel of a dump truck. It's not as easy as it looks all of the time.... The job is so monotonous it makes my eyes bleed. Scrapers have the same effect only you get the pucker factor to jump start your heart from time to time! (i.e. Terex TS14 jumping from 6th to 1st or steep hauls with no brakes or.....) Got respect for someone who can get up and face it everyday. :drinkup
Road Trips The average travel time is known before hand, in pre job. There fore at end of day, on the tickets each driver should have the same or close number of loads. Traffic, getting stuck on the job or dump site, are excuseable. If there is a discrepancy of time notable, then it is challenged, where did /was the driver ? Tire flats , fuel, other repairs, should not be supported on the job tickets. That is on the trucking company. A Sharp Foreman will know by instinct, (the rhythm or pace ) when one truck or several is missing, or out of sync. No stop watch is needed. Time to go looking or calling on the phone or radio. LOL
whos got more over kill pictures come on lets see them , maybe a 988 loading a one ton or a d11 spreading loam on a house lot their has to be more
here we go a few more.... It will be hard to top the 5230 vs F-150
Nice one pull pan:drinkup I knew you would have a few good ones!! your right the 5230 will take some beating! and the wooden floor has a nice touch to it, def over kill though!
haha that 5230 front shovel and the F150... priceless. although the thought of a D11 backfilling a house foundation sounds appealing too. any takers?
That is funny how trucks leave at different times... then show up together... happens all the time..... and they very seldom get out of order... I had one foreman drive up... the typical never on the job til 9 or 10... I was leaned back in the seat..... then the ^%%$ ***... stuff....I said it's kinda hard to get much done with one truck,,,, more bad words...you should have called... I told him I didn't know how many trucks are supposed to show up... He called the office... 1 truck for 2 days ....then 4....
pullpan, nice little MAN truck there.
I didnt see it but am assured that a foreman that stopped within reach of a Cat 245 while some likely lads were out in the Gulf back in the 80's got a full bucket in the back of his Chevvy pick up. Knowing the operator I dont doubt it happened
wow i will never think again that the 980 is an overkill to load my triaxle MAN!! great thread!!
love those big iron
i wish i took pictures of our 385 loading 10 wheelers, one bucket and done