Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Over priced old junk dozers?

chidog · 2025-05-22 19:57

I was looking at FB Market, and saw an ad for a 1968 TD20B, goofy angle blade, bare back. $29,500 in Rathdrum Id. been in for 10 weeks. It just drives me nuts, some of these ad's. Do these people really think that is the value of those old, and unavailable service and parts machines? I guess they think some one is going to snap that up and go dozing and make their millions with it. LOL Maybe they want to recoup the $ they spent for it 30 years ago.

Replies16
  1. #1Vetech632025-05-22 20:53

    There is always some dumbass around that will buy that stuff. Those guys find this forum pretty quickly

  2. #2Truck Shop2025-05-22 21:40

    Which in many cases turns into {I have too many projects so I'm letting this one go}. No, no that's not really it--it's get rid of it before the wife sends me down the road.

  3. #3Truck Shop2025-05-22 21:59

    Ran fine when parked. * Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com

  4. #4epirbalex2025-05-22 23:42

    If the dozer is up to scratch its probably worth it . There are plenty of threads on here about new machines not moving . Hi tec aversion is strong . Then there are the collectors , the hunter gatherers who haunt listing sites just waiting to pounce .If you know you know , how rare a 4T is

  5. #5skyking12025-05-23 00:23

    The 4 could be good, but not likely. Coffee can is missing.

  6. #6epirbalex2025-05-23 01:47

    That one is a 4 owner dozer that includes the US army and current collector , mostly operated by the third who operated it for the second . It missed a Caterpillar show this year , it's running and expected to be at the next .

  7. #7chidog2025-05-23 02:02

    My biggest nightmare is to get some old junker, and have a final lock up either trying to load it or unload it at home. Then you would really hear the music from the trucker, and spend way more to get something strong enough to get it off, let alone tear up the lowboy and the drive way.

  8. #8Truck Shop2025-05-23 05:12

    That's when the decision should be made to finish unloading at Stubblefield's with their crane. This area is loaded with old yellow squeakers, but getting thinner each year. A three cylinder that hasn't moved since the 70's. yard art. *

  9. #9chidog2025-05-23 15:00

    RD6, nothing against the old stuff, but me personally would not want any of it. Nor would I want any direct drive as an only machine, have little space for many.

  10. #10Truck Shop2025-05-23 20:30

    I think that is a 1936 or 37.

  11. #11bccat2025-05-23 21:18

    It’s an early one, you can tell by the wide injection pump, it’s an antique just like me, cheers

  12. #12chidog2025-05-24 02:27

    I noticed looking at some of the places like machinery trader, that the painted gold prices are going up for the junkers. I'd like to see what that may 30 auction will do. I suppose it will be the stock market players and big time you tubers with the millions that will be playing that game.

  13. #13Truck Shop2025-05-24 09:35

    With all the 855's and V-8 gas engines I've done completes on in the last two years, the item people don't realize when rebuilding or just repairing any old engine is the price of machine work required to correct/repair any of these old engines. The price they pencil in most cases is way under reality. Average cost just for a set of V-8 cylinder heads is $400 plus.

  14. #14IceHole2025-05-24 17:01

    Came across a 2007 ASV PT100 for $150,000 today. Had about a dozen attachments, best I could guess, those all totalled maybe $50-60k new, so worth maybe 30-40k. Was a couple buckets, snowblower, tree shear, fecon head. Most off brand stuff. So ~110k for a machine selling elsewhere in the 30-40k area.

  15. #15chidog2025-05-24 20:28

    I'd think that would be the good buddy price, nowadays. I would bet most places almost charge that for just a surfacing job. I had a friend that had an old 235 inlet/exhaust manifold surfaced on the gasket surface, at a local hole in the wall place for $150. and it looked like it was done on one of the old belt sander type surfacer. $20. for that job is too much.

  16. #16Truck Shop2025-05-25 10:03

    That's {400 plus each}.