Hello everyone, I am looking at a 1968 Mustang series 1000 skid steer. The skidsteer has been set up to run on propane as I am assuming its been used in a potato house, how hard is it to change to gas? I understand the model is very close to the John Deere 170, is there anywhere I can get the specs on a ROPS to have built for the Mustang (My son in law is a welder by trade) The price for this is I feel is very reasonable (less than 1500) so I figured it might be a good machine for around the house. I am going to see the skidsteer tomorrow night (tues 9/29/20). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David
As far as building “ rops” you could not build rops Beeing as Rops are certified. Lots of people put cages on Older skid steers. I’m not sure you would need specs for it. Most people simply build them to fit as needed. You could convert it back to gas pending it was originally not set up as propane Only. Like no fuel tank was installed. I’m gonna assume it’s probably set up or would have been set up for an old updraft carburetor. Most old gas units where that I’ve seen minus the Wisconsin powered units. Should not be hard to convert it to gas. I’d look it over good first and make sure it meets the prerequisites to do so.