Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Owatonna Mustang Skid Steer Need Help with ID

Salty ยท 2012-11-29 16:12

I need help in Identifying this machine. I bought it last week, It's pretty rough but it runs and operates. I want to get service and parts manuals. but I need to know what model it is. I searched the net and also called Mustang in Minnesota. I still do not have a model. I know it's old, 70's-80's??? Previous owner told me it was a Mustang and it could Lift 1700#. It has a Ford 1.6L gas industrial motor. Can't find a serial# Thanks for any help. http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Shempo/media/mustang004.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4 http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Shempo/media/mustang005.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3 http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Shempo/media/mustang007.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2 http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Shempo/media/mustang009.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Replies4
  1. #1durallymax2012-11-29 16:47

    looks like a 445 OMC Mustang

  2. #2Salty2012-11-30 15:45

    Durallymax, thanks I did look at that today, it does look like it is a 445. Now, why couldn't the Owatonna guy tell me that, he was the tech support person for the factory? and he had the pics. Oh well why ask why, Thanks again.

  3. #3Ivar van Beers2020-04-29 06:23

    Hey Did you found the workshop manual? Ill also have a Owatonna Mustang 445 skid steer and looking for workshopmanual and partsmanual voor this machine. Greetings Ivar Belgium

  4. #4apetad2020-07-11 18:37

    There is NO-ONE employed by the manufacturer that worked there that long ago. Last one retired 6 years ago, company was sold 5 times between then (445 production) and now. That's why the dealership is at least as important as the product.