No not a truck deal. Do any construction outfits ever consider hiring an equipment owner operator? And where they carry the insurance and supply the fuel. It would be a win win as far as them not having to purchase and or pay for repairs. Just dreaming I guess.
Welcome to the Forums chidog. Take a couple of minutes and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions Forum. Back to your question. I don't know of any GC's that would hire an O&O then pay their insurance and fuel. Fuel maybe but insurance is a big strange web of cost vs coverage which would price the insurance component out of the equation. Sometimes GC's in my area will hire an O&O with all the proper insurance they require for smaller tasks on a project. The biggest hurdle breaking into T&M work with GC's is having that relationship where they trust you to do the job and you can perform with all the required insurance and understand their billing procedures.
I highly doubt any GC would pay your insurance/fuel. That’s solely on you. License, insurance, bond is the minimum you need to work for a GC typically.
Another idea. What about renting with operator? How would insurance work on a deal like that? If they say we don't want to pay for the operator, I'd say your not paying for that. The cost without the operator would be 3 or 4 times more, to cover any wear and damage.
I have never heard of any GC's who would do that, way too much hassle. Either it's bid work, by the hour and everything is included, or they will rent equipment and employees run it. I highly doubt you'll find one willing to do it any other way.
You would have a hard time getting an insurance company to agree to that you would end up with coverage gaps from job to job You also dont want to rely on a gc for fuel that could just go so wrong As said hourly rates are harder to break into unless working for a sub but when working by the hour people get really picky about quality of work