Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Owning and operating costs for Dozers

bkimbrell ยท 2008-07-22 23:07

Here is an article that I found about owning and operating costs that are associated with Dozers. http://www.equipmentworldmagazine.com/apps/news/articleeqw.asp?id=70328

Replies7
  1. #1EquipmentEditor2008-07-29 11:28

    We have done research on lifecycles of dozer components: http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA457548.html We also queried dozer owners on costs and residual value: http://www.constructionequipment.com/article/CA6547919.html

  2. #2nextdoor2008-07-30 09:07

    Cat used to have some usefull information in their annual handbooks as well. I dont know if they still print them or not as I havent got on in quite a while.

  3. #3petersfamilytru2008-07-30 13:52

    Great information for the large Contractor with a steady flow of work... Unfortunately, us small contractor's, who are being affected in unimaginable ways by the downturn in the economy, have to figure in some other factors. For example: Cat D6D Expenses: Purchase Price $56,000 (with accessories) Yearly Insurance $ 600 Required Maintenance $ 2,100 Income: NOT A DIME!!!! Hasn't turned a track for months. Just some frustrated food for thought!

  4. #4JRINST2008-08-07 21:28

    Cost of owenership!!!! Well I'm a newBe but, I'm like Peterfamily, a little work on farm, lots of Love to dozer, then sit waiting on time or weather. Oh what we do for having our own play toys. Now mine is acting up, like out of fuel,,, where is the clog or air break or transfer pump???/ What is next.. thaks :usa

  5. #5oisinirish2008-08-12 17:05

    CAT still puts out the book you're talking about. But now you either have to have purchased a new unit or buy the book.

  6. #6Orchard Ex2008-08-12 20:12

    kcarroll, You don't happen to represent roto-tilt attachments too do you?

  7. #7Farmer2008-08-13 06:42

    Thanks guys, this is the sort of thing i joined for.