Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

P51 Sherman Mk3

stumpjumper83 ยท 2009-01-05 20:53

I was bored yesterday afternoon, and had an idea. So I went to the hobby store and bought a p51 & sherman tank. Then I followed the instructions for a combined assembly... With a hacksaw, a jackknife. In a couple of days I'll have the tracks and shields on, they take too long to do. Turned out half decent. Next one will be painted and in a larger scale. 1/72 is just too small. Enjoy!!

Replies5
  1. #1qball2009-01-05 23:22

    wow! testors glue will get you pretty loopy, huh!

  2. #2D5G2009-01-09 14:43

    :lmao:spaz it sure can have that effect

  3. #3bill onthehill2009-01-09 15:57

    you should take that out BAE systems in west york,pa. where I used to work. It would be every bit as feasable as a 1950's design M9ACE. It would require a horizontal prop orientation to let the gun pivot. Bill

  4. #4stumpjumper832009-01-10 09:42

    the gun can pivot just fine. I nned to get the german interupter gear technology so I can shoot inbetween my prop blades though. I'm currently working on a brit spit mk II, then I'm going to do a tank, both all nice and correct then I'm going to do a combined version, all dolled out. The one you see pics of is my prototype. too bad I can't find plastic models of construction equipment... I could really have fun then...

  5. #5aongheas.macask2009-01-10 15:43

    Seen a programme on discovery channel called "flying heavy metal" reckon you should contact them