Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Paccar mx 13 dpf delete

Mbar · 2019-03-04 13:01

does anyone have any experience with dpf delete on a paccar mx13. What program did you go with and have any reviews on it. Thank in advance guys

Replies9
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-03-04 16:05

    I have no experience with it. I would strongly caution against. The EPA has their feelers in shops all across the country looking for folks who are trying to make their rig more reliable. Hefty fines and impound fees if you're caught. Just a little info to help you make a decision.

  2. #2Wes J2019-03-04 19:34

    Not to mention that you will never be able to trade in a deleted truck.

  3. #3Mbar2019-03-04 21:20

    Yea I agree with both of you and have warned the customer of these thing. I know he is in a bad spot with the trucks and wants them to make back some of the money that as went to the dealer and deleteing them seems to be the only way. It’s a shame the bind you can get in just trying to make your lively hood more reliable.

  4. #4willie592019-03-04 22:01

    Doesn't really matter what the customer would like Mbar, it's federal law, Clean Air Act. For the vehicle owner each violation is $3,750, being 2 violations, one violation for removing the DPF and second for reprogramming the computer to delete the DPF. But for the shops/techs that do the delete the fine is $37,500 per violation and for DPF delete that again would be x 2. So yeah, the EPA has put a heavy fine on the shop/tech that does the delete. Welcome to the 21st Century.

  5. #5RZucker2019-03-04 22:56

    Deletes don't always make it any better either. Got a customer with a 2012 KW with a 500 HP ISX. The previous owner had an EGR and DEF delete done and this thing has been nothing but problems for them. I wont touch it, Cummins wont touch it. Its been bouncing around here and there. Three cylinder heads in the last year and a half. Cummins says the EGR delete is causing the head cracking issue from lack of cooling air vs the program in the ECM, but they wont touch it without putting it back to stock. I dunno, but there might be something in what they are saying.

  6. #6Wes J2019-03-04 23:23

    I've seen that too. Had a buddy who bought a new Dodge with a 6.7 Cummins. He just had to delete the EGR, even though the truck was still under warranty. He did the ECM reflash and whatnot. That truck never ran right again. Went through a few turbos and constantly setting check engine lights. He gave up and sold it for a huge loss. I've seen it on 6.0 power strokes. Guys remove the EGR cooler and cap off the exhaust. Before long the flex joints on the exhaust are breaking. They never consider that the EGR cooler helps support the exhaust. I've not heard of many horror stories on the Paccar engines. But, if you are unfortunate enough to own an International Maxxforce 13, a delete might be the only way to ever get it to run right. It does put folks in a tight spot. But, I don't do deletes. Not worth the risk.

  7. #7Mbar2019-03-05 06:47

    Thanks guys. Willie I didn’t know about the fine for the techs. That being the case I believe I’ll step aside and let someone else have this one. I’m trying to build a business not bankrupt it. Rz you are rite. If it goes south after the delete then you really have a monster on your hands and a paccar is not one I like battling

  8. #8willie592019-03-05 19:56

    Yep. The law (Clean Air Act) is written with hefty fines to discourage anyone who would modify or delete emission components. That's why they really put the fines on the shops that do the work, for reasons you stated, it's not worth the risk. And the law applies to all emission components, DPF, EGR, DEF, ECM reprogramming to run with deleted components. And again, it applies to each action taken. If one removed the EGR and DPF then did the ECM programming to delete those two components, that's 4 infractions at $37,500 each for the shop that did the modifications. Pretty hefty fine.

  9. #94x4ford2019-03-06 10:46

    The company I just started with is getting rid of all of there emission trucks and going to gliders with 60 series Detroit’s because of issues with trucks living in the shop