Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Paint codes ?

bigrus ยท 2010-05-05 17:24

I'm after the yellow colour of Dresser machinery or even Galion equipment. :beatsme Can anyone help

Replies6
  1. #1Abscraperguy2010-05-06 03:35

    What does your local Dressta dealer have? When I still was working for a guy that did tractor restorations we sometimes used Dupont. They had an office that just specializes in fleet colors such Deere, Mcormick, Case, Cat etc. I have no idea what the number was though. I do remember that when calling the auto body paint headquarters they didn't always know what you were talking about but if you called the farm chemical headquarters they knew right away and would transfer you to that number.

  2. #2Abscraperguy2010-05-06 03:53

    Here are some websites. One is PPG colors and the other is Dupont. http://www.worldpath.net/~thompson/misc/PPG Tractor Colors.htm www.hartparroliver.org/phpBB2/download.php?id=54

  3. #3bigrus2010-05-06 08:39

    Great information Thanks heaps. Found a few yellows I remember & liked ie Clark, Clark/ Michigan, Dresser loader, Komatsu & Galion industrial yellow. I'll run some numbers by the local paint supplers & see how it goes. Engine is out of the grader for a rebuild so I'd like to paint it the correct colour before it is reinstalled

  4. #4watglen2010-05-07 07:16

    I just painted a bunch of 'Motor grader grey' which is sherwin williams volvo grey. Worked great. They sold me a 2 part epoxy primer, and a urethane topcoat with medium reducer and hardener. I don't know exactly what all that means, but its a snap to mix, sprays really nice, dries in a hurry, and gives a fantastic finish. I sprayed some hardware store paint too, not nearly as nice to work with. good luck

  5. #5Abscraperguy2010-05-10 00:51

    By the way I'm expecting some pics of the new paint job. lol

  6. #6bigrus2010-05-17 07:41

    Paint on engine Well this is the colour that we matched from an unfaded part of the grader, the side of the sump! Tried doing a match by numbers.:Banghead so we went to paint charts that had 1" squares of paint with a hole in the middle. By sliding different looking colour squares over the remaining paint on the sump we came up with this "brown orange" :beatsme I thinks it's a nice yellow anyway, looks brighter here than in real life. Still love our blue skies out here