Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Paint for 580c

PAwrestling#1 ยท 2013-05-12 07:50

Where would I look for paint for 580C? Any suggustions on how to paint, brush,spray cans, sprayer? I'm not gonna paint it all at once just do sections at a time. Is there different types like lacquer or paints thatll hold up better? And last time I bought a few cans of spray cans from a case dealer the color seemed to be way off.

Replies8
  1. #1bowen2013-05-12 08:37

    Do you know the year model? It's probably "Power Tan" which is available in spray cans, quarts and gallons from Case. Possibly # B17662, but this is from an old sheet I found. It needs to be sprayed and thinned with Xylene. Maybe $70/gallon

  2. #2PAwrestling#12013-05-12 12:28

    Pretty sure Power Tan is what a dealer gave me in spray cans before and its a huge difference in what my hoe is. Power Tan is much more yellow with hoe being more orange and darker. The year of mine is 1977

  3. #3alrman2013-05-12 16:53

    I know it sounds wrong, but the colour for a C is called Power Yellow. Just google it & lots of supply options will come up.

  4. #4PAwrestling#12013-05-12 19:49

    IS there codes on any of the tags to tell me for sure?

  5. #5bowen2013-05-12 21:34

    I do not know if you can read these part numbers. Power Yellow was used from 1975 to 1983. After that it became Power Tan. A gallon of the yellow is part # B17667

  6. #6utahjd12013-05-13 06:16

    power yellow is the right color.

  7. #7PAwrestling#12013-05-13 08:41

    Power Yellow it is... Thanks guys

  8. #8JDT44302021-05-05 14:35

    I know this is an old thread but to keep it all in one place I am going to ask my question here. What is the proper color for the darker parts on a 580C? I thought it was brown but after looking at a few it looked like some were brown and some were a grey color. I have the dash out of mine which is currently what looks to be john deere yellow just like the rest of the machine so I wanted to go ahead and paint it and at some point I am going to rebuild the ROPS as they are rotted almost all the way off were they bolt down at the bottom so they will also get the same color when rebuilt. TIA!