Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Painting my backhoe.

Canadian_digger ยท 2014-03-01 09:59

So I've been inspired by some of the post of people painting there own equipment in the forum and thought I would try it out myself. I have some done some touch up painting before but nothing major. My oldest backhoe was looking really bad and I decided to start with the loader to see how it would turn out. I think it tured out well. It was a lot of work but what a difference. All I used are some basic tools. Angle grinder with flap wheel and wire wheel. Die grinder with striping wheel. Electric sander. Sand paper. Small sponge paint roller and brush.

Replies5
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-03-01 10:10

    Looks good !, it's a lot of work and cheaper than a new machine.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2014-03-01 10:24

    With prepping and paint it took around 8hrs. I will be doing some more when I have some free time.

  3. #3PEVO2018-08-31 13:16

    they seem to work better with new paint too.

  4. #4Jeckyl19202018-08-31 14:41

    You get 10 hp with the paint. Another 5 if you put a coffee can exhaust on it!

  5. #5PEVO2018-08-31 15:37

    im planning on adding additional brush protection to my ROPS on my dozer, then new paint at some point. im sure the paint job will add at least 10-15% more life to my UC!