Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pair of new WA500-6s

granitefan713 · 2009-02-12 19:07

Here are two shiny new WA500-6s.

Replies12
  1. #1rino14942009-02-12 21:28

    Judging by the Dairy Queen in the back, you were at Midlantic. They have a TD-40 there that has been sitting for about 2 yrs. I wonder what they are gonna do with that.

  2. #2granitefan7132009-02-12 22:12

    Yeah, I don't know what the deal with that is. Before the first snow fell, there was a big stuffed animal behind the controls, not sure why...... I'd love to know who got those new WA500s.

  3. #3curly2009-02-13 18:32

    Dang they look nice, alot better than the old 500 I got to run last summer! Did you buy one or just kicking tires?

  4. #4D5G2009-02-13 20:06

    Thats a sweet looking loader!

  5. #5granitefan7132009-02-16 11:30

    I must admit, the WA500-6 is my favorite loader, as far as looks go anyway. I never had the opportunity to drive a loader, so I can't say how it operates compared to others. I wish I knew who bought these two. I'd love to find out what they think of them.

  6. #6Panhandler Bob2009-02-21 07:58

    Nice pics, a few years back [5-6] I got to run a new [247 hrs] 480. Put close to 500 hrs. on it with problems or complates. Not a bad machine, not a Cat, but not bad at all. Definately had worse over the years. Also ran a 600, 9 yard bucket, for over 5,000 hrs not to bad a machine. Not a Cat.:drinkup Bob

  7. #7komatsukid2009-02-23 09:31

    must have to be a Cat to be a good machine.:beatsme

  8. #8elirock832009-03-04 11:07

    We got a 500-3 With close to 9000 hrs, and all we have done to it is changed 4 hoses and serviced it thats it, The dash 6 machines are supposed to be heavier and faster than the old 3's. I'd hate to tell you bob that we liked the 500-3 better than the 980G that we tried. And the 6's look so much better than the 3's, they are a nice machine

  9. #9Frenchy2009-03-04 15:26

    I like soo much Komatsu loader. I get my loader training on a WA-380 2006. I find the hydraulic faster on this Komastu rather than a CAT 950. Frenchy:canada

  10. #10duffy2009-03-05 06:47

    i hope you guys dont have the same dramas we had with the ecss. and dont get me started on those damn seats!

  11. #11Balbalnamara2023-07-18 05:32

    Did u ever have transmission problems We have one which will drive perfectly in f/r in gear 1snd 2 but won’t select gear 3and 4 . All fuses are ok

  12. #12OzDozer2023-07-18 09:08

    This thread is from 2009. I don't think you're going to get any contact from the guys above, after more than 14 years!!