looking around on the net and found a timberjack wheel loader, just curiuous, but what is the story on these machine, someone make them for them or some orginal. everyhere how good they where, componet loader?
I would imagine it was home made timberjack don't make loaders. As far as I know there forestry only.
Hello, new to the forum. My brother's formed a coatings and containment company back in 2000 and one of the first pieces of equipment that they purchased was a Timberjack 2500. We still have it and it is use it move large pieces of equipment (ie. sea-cans, rig matts, drilling rig derricks, etc) around in our yard and in and out of the bays. It has a type of grapple hook made by Weldco however it has been modified so that while it can not 'grab' things it can be rigged with chains to lift. Although I don't know for sure I would think that a bucket would have been available back in it's time. It is pretty much identical to a Michigan, Case, etc wheeled front end loader. It has a Detroit Diesel and we believe the unit to be a 1975. We are presently having the hydraulic rams rebuilt and are having a difficult time searching for hydraulic filters. There are two in the hydraulic reservoir which I assume are the supply filters and one which is in a canister back by the engine which may be a higher pressure return filter. We don't have a manual for it and there doesn't appear to be much in the way of information on the internet. If anybody could shed some light on this particular model I should would appreciate it. If by chance a manual was available we would certainly be interested in obtaining one. I'll post some pictures of it very soon. BTW.......Great Forum!
Welcome to the Forums ws2000!:drinkup Unfortunately, I am of no help with the information you are looking for but I would bet there's a HEF member that can help you out.
I think that is a Trojan 2500, you might want to try Deluxe Machine in Batavia, NY. Good luck.
Timberjack is all forestry but John Deere bought them out some time ago.We are running two Timberjacks with John Deere engines. Used to be Detroit then Cummins now all JD.
As the poster above me stated they are made by JD. Atleast ours with the cummins in it. Good little loader but the tranny went. Just left her as we never used it much and we had a few bigger ones. I seen one with a 471 detroit in it for sale not too long ago too.
Here's a Timberjack 2500C log loader manufactured by Eaton who was also part of Trojan.
Interesting- I had no idea that Timberjack sold wheel-loader style log loaders under their brand. Apparently they weren't a real big seller. My first inclination when reading the OP was to assume that he was seeing a rubber tired feller buncher with a bucket in place of the felling head. But then, I don't think TJack ever made rubber tired fellers before JD bought them in the early 2000s.
You would have taken my money in a bet as well. Grew up in a town where the majory industy is hardwood logging, Cut logs and firewood all my life, Own a tree service / landclearing & excavation company, and never seen a tjack loader. Seen things like massey & ih skidders, heard of a few case skidders, know what a bell super t is, never seen a timberjack timberjack that was anything else than a detroit or cummins powered skidder, then deere came along and its a range of forestry, but never a wheel loader.
Got me too.Never even heard of one are seen one in TexasLearn something new every day.
Odd that no one here has heard of them. I dont live near any heavy forestry areas. About 200 kilometres to where you see log trucks regularely.
Thank you to all especially Tom V. It is identical to the sales brochure that you presented. And yes it was manufactured in Bativia, NY. As stated the grapple section has been replaced with a boom so we can use it for lifting. We obtained some filters from a filter supply outfit in Edmonton and re-installed the hydraulic rams. Hopefully the filters work as they are supposed to as they were matched up to the old ones. We just fired it up and are in the process of running it through its paces whereas we will remove the filters and replace them with another new set. This should ensure that any contamenents which were left in the lines are removed. But should anybody come across a manual for this machine we certainly would be interested. Thanks again to all.
2500 timberjack yes tom v is correct they are made by trojan. i have one myself best loader in its class will burry a 966 e cat that we also have. if you can get past the noise. nothin like the sound of a screamin jimmy. i also have alot of parts for the machine if u need. but machine is all very common component built..
TJ loader An old retired Timberjack loader.1 minute video look at this machine at http://youtu.be/yWbHrBBt3Kc
thanx skadill looks like it could possibly be all still complete pretty rare do you know the owner of the machine. think he might possibly sell?
eaton timberjack tractor loader I am looking at one of these to buy that is the 1500 size, where can I get parts? thanks in advance
There were a few Trojan/Timberjack loaders running around the bush in the B.C. interior back in the 70's. The 2500 was built to directly compete with the Cat 966 C. Trojans were initially a gold/white combo. When Timberjack took over they came in red. I believe they became Timberjack in 73 or 74. They were very well built machines. In fact, Timberjack brought the Trojans into their facilities; painted them; rebuilt pivots with heavier pins and bushings; upgraded cylinders and hydraulic plumbing. They did this free of charge including lowbedding. They were powered with a v6 71 or 53 detroit. I don't remember which one. They were sold at a very agressive price point to attract skeptical logging contractors. I ran one of these in the early 70s. They were built to outdo the 966C in every department and they did so. Sliding doors; Electric over hydraulic controls- very nice 3 lever setup- effortless and fast; outlift-outrun-outbrake a 966. I loved it. Very fast and very powerful. I also ran a 4000. Bigger than a 966; maybe cat 980B size. It was a tremendous loader. All kinds of power with a V8 Cummins. They did have some cons including one fatal flaw: The transmission was direct between reverse and forward. You had to stop or risk twisting off a drive shaft. Whereas you could go between reverse/forward, wide-open throttle all day with a 966 never using the brakes. This flaw made them hard to sell. One salesman ploy was this: " they are testing a modulating valve 24/7 at the factory. Once it passes testing we will retrofit your machine free of charge". This valve did not exist and was never in "testing". I laid under this machine on a VERY cold mid-winter night replacing a shaft by myself in the middle of nowhere. At least Trojan installed a heavy guard around the shaft to minimize damage. They had tremendous stopping power with 4 disk brakes. Unfortunately, they were troublesome and hard to keep working. Adding an external tank for brake fluid helped a lot. Changing fuel and transmission filters was a nightmare. You had to remove an access plate under the engine; reach way up and tackle the filters. There was no way of avoiding a river of oil and diesel fuel running down your arm. They were noisy in the cab. I don't remember the cab being insulated much. Mostly just steel. The Trojan picture on page 1 could be one owned by a contractor I was working for around 90 or 91. It looked to be in very good condition. It never ran; needed a torque converter I believe.
Hey chubytrucks nice to see someone else on here actually knows somthing about the timberjack 2500s you were right in every thing u said about them especially about being loud no insulation was rite the tranny is specially loud in mine any way. But it still runs like a dream and still has more hydraulic power than any loader I've run to date. Just not the fastest though. And also they had 6v71s in them at least mine does any way and the ones I have robbed for parts. Did the 2500s have electric over hydraulic setup as mine does not just three fairly long levers. Thanx for the input. I just bought a 70c terex 1990 model seems to work fairly well more power than the 2500 as it's turbo. Any input in them any one?
Hi dallou. Yes, the 2500 had the tiny electric over hydraulic levers. I bent them close together for greater control. I also installed fancy, colored knobs on the levers. Though I ran a variety of loaders, I never ran a terex except to load a logging trailer onto truck. I was trucking at an operation that used one in a dryland sort. The guy running it was 'really' rough but it stood up well. They would not buy anything but terex. It had a switch mounted on one of the two levers for open/closing the grapple gate. I thought that was pretty handy. Not a lot of feel though and the gate would tend to slam closed or open.
can I get a copy of these pages or tell me where to find them.. cant blow them up thanks mick
just seen this one on craigslist in Duluth for sale.
Hello.. reading through the forums here. I have a buddy with a TJ240A and he snapped an x. Can't find the matching shaft or nose pin anywhere. We figure it came out of one of these loaders. Does anyone here have a lead on where to find some parts by chance?
Try Cam Hardwig, Northern Timberline Equipment, Littlefork, Minnesota. He has or had a bunch of salvage logging machines and has a good knowledge of what components interchanged. I haven't been there for 4 to 5 years but worth a shot. Good guy to deal with.