I have a 2013 JD 310J, today I was loading out my trucks and the park brake and wrench lights came on. the park brake releases fine and moves forward/reverse fine. I'm not to familiar with John Deere hoes and not sure where to start trouble shooting. I had the machine pressure washed this past week and am thinking maybe a sensor or something came loose. has any one experienced this before?
Welcome to HEF Danny ! Need a serial number. The wrench means their is a code. Press menu button until codes appears, then press select. Press next to scroll first to active codes, press select. Press next to scroll through if more than one active code. Then press back to get to the codes main menu. Then scroll to stored codes, press select. Again press next to see all stored codes. Post the codes that you have, both from the active and stored sub menus.
Ok while going thru the codes there is a few that popped up 1st, seat forward switch hi lo rate of change and 2nd, is park brake circuit.
Serial number? I need specific code numbers. The codes should have 4 - 8 numbers with a decimal like 105.15, 522379.12 or something along those lines. So follow the procedure outlined in my previous post.
The ID is T310JX141520 I snapped some pictures I think these are the codes,
001714.10 is the Seat Position Front Switch Short Circuit to Power or Stuck Closed code and the 522398.14 is the Park Brake Did Not Release When Commanded code. First lets check the seat switch. Press and hold the menu button for 5 seconds or until the the words service menu show in the screen. Release button. Then scroll to diagnostics and press select. Then scroll to switches and press select. Then scroll to seat switch FWD and press select. Then while viewing monitor screen change seat from front to rear and back. Does the seat switch reading change from ON to Off and back while rotating the seat?
I tried turning seat switch off and when pushing select it jumps back to diagnostic switches screen. And position does not change it seems to be stuck on seat face rear.
You can't turn it off with the monitor buttons, only observe the switch state. If the switch state remains in the off position whether the seat is facing forward or backward then you need to repair that circuit, whether it be a wiring issue or a seat switch issue (most likely a switch issue, I see a lot of those). You could unplug the seat switch under the seat (it is at the floor mat level between the seat post and the right side HVAC covers) and see if the seat switch is working with an ohmmeter connected to the seat switch side of the plug. Your meter should change from continuity to 0L as the seat is rotated.
That literally led right to the problem!!! Seat switch had a wire pulled loose. I never would have been able to figure that out or at least look there. I appreciate this help brother.