Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

park brake solenoid 2005 d4g

benwithan ยท 2014-02-11 19:26

Hello, I purchased a 2005 CAT D4G about a year ago, when I when to look at the machine the hydraulics would not move anything. The owner had Riggs Cat come out and they replaced the park brake solenoid then the machine worked great till we washed it back in January. I did not know if the wash and the winter weather was maybe the problem. I looked around for the part but haven't found it yet. Any help would be good. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1d9gdon2014-02-12 16:20

    I don't remember the location, but here's the drawing: It's #2

  2. #2Dickjr.2014-02-12 16:36

    It is possible that the plug has some junk in it causing a loose connection. If the connector is questionable take it apart clean it with contact cleaner then apply some di-electric grease. Plug it back in and use a zip tie to hold it together tight. Could be other issues as well.

  3. #3d9gdon2014-02-12 16:45

    I'd bet your switch is bad...common problem.

  4. #4benwithan2014-02-14 19:17

    Thank ya'll . Thanks for the info. , still trying to get it to move.

  5. #5Mobiltech2014-02-14 21:32

    According to the schematic on a FDC serial number the park brake solenoid is under the left front corner of the operators platform as viewed from sitting in the seat.