Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parking brake light

flatlander ยท 2013-11-29 12:24

Case 580SL, parking brake engages and disengages, but light stays on. Have looked but cannot find the switch.

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2013-11-29 16:15

    I'm having trouble recalling exactly how the park brake light gets it's power. Usually a slam of the lever will turn off the light (with accompanying alarm). I recall a switch being located at the pivot of the lever. In saying that, there are also 2 switches located on the rear axle one for left & one for right ..... One of these might be sticky as well. Sorry I'm not more precise in my help - but one of the three will be at fault.

  2. #2flatlander2013-11-29 16:45

    I pulled the fuse cover off thinking I would see a switch that the lever engaged, But didn't see anything, thinking it would be similar to the interior light switch on a car.

  3. #3jimg9842013-11-29 19:40

    look at the moving parts! when parking brakes are actvied