Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parking brake solenoid current below normal

Joey2162 · 2024-11-19 19:36

Hello, I have a d6k that won’t start with a 681-5 parking break solenoid current below normal I have tried replacing the solenoid and the lower cab wiring harness there is also more codes (298-3 service brake pedal switch voltage above normal, 444-5 starter relay motor current below normal 490-3 implement lockout switch voltage above normal) I have been trying to figure it out for a while so hopefully I can get some answers thank you! Truck also won’t start

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2024-11-21 09:14

    Probably need to find and check the starter motor relay to see if the Coil conection is receiving full battery power, whether or not the coil is transferring battery power to the Starter solenoid. Have you tested the batteries Positive battery cable and connections, negative ground cables and master disconnect. Won't start means no crank or no fire in the engine? Maybe post serial number so Nige can have a look if he is up to it. Could be simple with a proper diagnosis before the parts cannon fires. Simon C

  2. #2Nige2024-11-21 10:22

    As Simon said above - everything starts with a Serial Number. I can see 16 different models of D6K. Also please post some photos of the Monitor Panel when the Codes are shown.