Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

79 case 850B dozer

Dozer79 · 2024-11-19 19:41

Hello , I have a 850B case 1979 dozer . I have a right side track brake stuck on ?? It was fine the last time the dozer was used . Left pedal is soft and will trip the transmission spool. The right side is stiff hard (solid). What could my problem be? I recently got this dozer . Don’t know its system quite yet ! Any help would be great Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-11-20 07:48

    is all the linkage free

  2. #2Dozer792024-11-25 12:37

    Yes my linkage is all free , all controls work as they should . Just the right brake is stuck on along with the right brake pedal is just solid hard ? We parked it there with everything working . So I know it happen when we tried to move it . ??? Any help would be appreciated as I’m new to the dozer. Thank you

  3. #3alrman2024-11-25 19:39

    Welcome to HEF @Dozer79 There should be a return spring fitted on the brake actuating lever down on the transmission. If it has broken, the brake slave cylinder will fully extend & not return, causing the brake pedal to go hard. Pic below is for an earlier 850 - but same set up as an 850B.