Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parking Brake stuck ON

DaBulgar ยท 2016-04-20 16:28

Hello, Brand new here. I have a 2010 Case 580 SM Series 3. Today when I came to use the machine, the parking brake would not disengage. Red light stays on and rocker switch does nothing. I was told to start at the fuse but cant find a fuse for this. I also know there is a solenoid somewhere which could need replacing but would like to try the fuse first if there is one. This is my first backhoe and have only had it since november and have only used it to push snow so far. Any help is appreciated!

Replies3
  1. #1JeremiahSr2016-04-21 18:26

    There is a panel on left side of center console with Fuses. Then on top of the center console is a tray/panel that pops off. Under there is relays. Think both panels usually have what fuse/relay is what.

  2. #2Tinkerer2016-04-21 19:22

    Welcome back JeremiahSr. I wondered if we would see you posting again. Hope you were OK.

  3. #3JeremiahSr2016-04-23 12:37

    Hey Tinkerer! Been good here. Moved our shop couple yrs ago and its been an ongoing process! Hope everything good on your end!