Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parking brake won’t release

Mmconstruction ยท 2014-09-02 20:04

2010 842 liugong loader. The parking brake won't release when we depress the button. We replaced the button switch and the solenoid. It worked fine for a week and now it is doing it again. I check all the connections to the accumulators. I have 24v to the solenoid. I jiggled the wires last week and it temporally fixed the issue so I'm pretty sure it's a short somewhere or the solenoid is bad again. Any help?

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2014-09-02 22:09

    Did you test the solenoid, see if it operates with 24v, or if you hear it click when you apply the voltage, or use an ohm meter to see what the resistance is?

  2. #2Mmconstruction2014-09-03 06:42

    The resistance on the solenoid was 0.038? I disconnected the solenoid plug and I have 24v feed. When I reconnect the plug and test it I get just over 1v. I don't hear a click when we push the button to release the brake. Thoughts? Could a brand new solenoid burn out that quick?

  3. #3Delmer2014-09-03 11:17

    .04 ohms at 24 volts would be about 50 amps, is that an auto range multimeter? that's not a x100 setting is it? The 1v with it connected could be a shorted coil (but I'd think it would blow a fuse?) or a bad connection, dirty switch etc that gives you 24 v but won't hold the voltage under load. Yes, a brand new part can be bad, even a Chinese electrical part, especially if it's the wrong part, or if something is dirty or loose.