Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

part book for 301.8

hougie ยท 2011-08-14 11:38

Does anyone have a parts book or parts diagram for the undercarriage on a cat 301.8?

Replies6
  1. #1willie592011-08-14 19:48

    If you own the machine, most local Cat dealers have a website that you can register your machine and view parts pages there.

  2. #2hougie2011-08-18 19:32

    I tried that, you need a company name and all kinds of other stuff to register. i don't have that stuff that's why i came here.

  3. #3MHarryE2011-10-09 23:12

    Did you ever get the information you need? I have a 301.8 book and might have the info you need. Is your PIN prefix BFA?

  4. #4hougie2011-10-09 23:29

    no i did not, My pin prefix?

  5. #5MHarryE2011-10-10 09:33

    PIN is Product Information Number. Cat calls a vehicle identification number a PIN and a component identification number (engine, axle) a serial number. If yours is the model I think it is it should start with BFA and then have 5 digits, for example BFA03560. It will be part of a 17 character number. The other 9 characters are all useful in tracking down stolen equipment but the 8 characters I mentioned are the important ones. Please email me at [email protected] and I should be able to help you. I qickly found the breakdown of the adjustment group on my computer because I blew the seals out of my adjuster, but I think I can get most of the other pages you need.

  6. #6Ga_Boy2011-10-11 18:59

    What is your Serial Number hougie?