Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 komastu pc-30 mr-1 overheating

rangerthug ยท 2011-08-13 21:07

i just bought a 1999 komastu pc-30.im having overheating problems. i change out the thermostat and flush out the Radiator still runs hot.any ideals on what else to try?

Replies5
  1. #1cadillac2011-08-13 21:42

    Hey rangerthug, I have a kobelco sk200lc mark iv that thinks it has the same problem. However when I check the temp with a temp gun it says 210 degrees. Alarm is singing away but engine does not seem to be hot. I have also had the thermostat replaced and the radiator replaced. I am hoping someone like mr. kobelco can help us out. My temp sensor has also been replaced but when I looked at it it has a 3 wire plug but only two wires are hooked up. The other wire is there but it does not have the right kind of plug to fit the sensor.Maybe some kind of field mod by previous owner. Hope someone out there can help us with this. Right now I am stumped!!!!!

  2. #2MrKomatsu2011-08-14 11:34

    rangerthug.........komatsu has a parts and service news update that will repair taht overheating....there is a latger pully that you can get to change the rpm's of ur fan...

  3. #3rangerthug2011-08-14 17:57

    ok. got it figure out the belt was to loose.the fan was able to spin when the motor was off. got new belt on it and tighten it up an works like a champ..

  4. #4xcmark2011-08-14 19:19

    its also a good idea to wash the cooling fins out on the raidiator ,both the hydrolic and engine coolers . dust likes to collect and stop the air flow in the areas that done have good flow like in the corners where the fan doesnt have good flow to begin with.

  5. #5yanmarman2011-08-14 20:41

    why don;t you get a machanical temp gauge and take the guess work out of it. The old ways are better than burning up a engine