Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Part Number for CAT D4H Undercarriage Roller

LN Pipeline · 2021-03-22 23:10

Roller is used for a top idler on the digging chain of a Tesmec TRS 900 trencher. The service manual says it’s a D4H roller. Tesmec wanted over $700 for a roller, and wouldn’t share CAT part number. Called CAT, they said they needed machine serial number. Parts guy didn’t think he could help when I told him it wasn’t on a CAT. Are all CAT D4H rollers they same? If so, can someone give me a CAT part number? If not, how do I tell what the part number is for this roller? Hoping I can find one cheaper.

Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2021-03-23 00:52

    CAT: 7G4836 updates to 124-8237 Intertractor: CR6150 They have in Sumner Washington Fits about forty different makes and models. You close to Reddig? Around $165/$175 Ebay, etc.

  2. #2Cmark2021-03-23 01:11

    Looking at the 7G4829 part number on the cap, the roller may be 7G4836. Try and get some more numbers off the roller. Edit. lantraxco beat me to it

  3. #3Nige2021-03-23 10:56

    Cat pricing online is listing the 124-8237 at $335 ea.

  4. #4LN Pipeline2021-03-23 11:23

    Thank you all for the info. Are the cheap eBay ones worth buying? https://www.ebay.com/c/2219360902?iid=253242474907 Or should I just go through CAT?

  5. #5Nige2021-03-23 11:42

    From the photo it's a track roller performing a carrier roller function, so it's not going to get a lot of weight on it I would have thought. Certainly not the load it would have had in its original D4H track roller application. At the end of the day the decision has to be yours to make.

  6. #6lantraxco2021-03-23 22:12

    Personally I would buy from ITR, they've been around forever and have decent quality. You can probably burn through four of them for the price of one from CAT. The one in the picture is an I-Trac aftermarket roller and it seems to have held up fine. The clamps are CAT, but the new style rollers don't use the separate clamps anyway.

  7. #7LN Pipeline2021-03-23 22:58

    Well, I bought the cheap one off eBay earlier today. We’ll see how it goes. Thanks for all the help.

  8. #8Vetech632021-03-24 07:08

    Buyer beware!