I'm glad that you are all enjoying the photos. I'm not really up on all the history of the various machines or details on manufacturers..so please add what you know to the mix. Also I will be returning to this area in a few weeks, if you need to see something close up...or need serial numbers, send me a note and I'll grab them for you. The link to Part Two is here http://adventuresinmikeslife.blogspot.ca/2012/07/part-twolost-treasure-trove-of.html Here are a hand-full other logging machines on the same site, they are totally bushed in now and invisible
Digging your different posts. Remembering when I was a knee high brat sitting on my Dad's parked machines pulling levers and going across the street squeezing through the gate, sitting on my dad's friend's AC crawler playing operator, if I had access to your woods the next time you'd have seen me I would look like Gollum from Lord of the Rings, "my precious iron you no touch!"
Deere500a Thanks for the nice comment. Life was simple back then. Here's a pic of my dad from back in the Jackson's era ( on the right ) with his shake cutting buddy and neighbor, Adair. I'm not certain, but I think alcohol was involved. It makes me laugh every time I see it.