Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parts for Square Shooter SS836?

Max1985 · 2020-04-26 20:13

Anybody know where you can buy parts such as an air filter for Square Shooter SS-836? I can’t find any reasonably priced parts if at all any that will fit.

Replies8
  1. #1tractormech2020-05-01 08:30

    Napa had everything I needed as far as filters go.

  2. #2skata2020-05-01 23:46

    Look on the filter and Google any numbers you can find. Most filters are standard off the shelf parts.

  3. #3Max19852020-05-26 15:07

    I would but there is one problem. It never had a filter

  4. #4skata2020-05-26 16:51

    No housing either?

  5. #5Max19852020-05-26 17:10

    There’s a housing but I guess the previous owner pulled the filter out and never put a new one. It’s not a standard straight cylindrical filter either. It’s tapered on the inside but normal on the outside. I doubt Napa would have it but I can try.

  6. #6crane operator2020-05-26 20:42

    Find a different square shooter that is for sale anywhere online that has the same looking housing that yours does. Call them and have them go out to the machine and read you the filter number off it. No filter means any dirt and dust on any jobsite has been pulled straight into your engine. A new filter is going to be the least of your problems (sorry).

  7. #7skata2020-05-26 22:55

    Is there any brand or numbers on the housing?

  8. #8tractormech2020-05-27 08:42

    I think you have a John Deere engine. Is it turbocharged or not? that makes a difference on filters. What is the machine serial number? A picture of the housing might help as well.