I need 2 m32 x 2.00 (castle) nuts for my chinese equipment. The company I got the equip from will send them to me at some point, but I need sooner than that. Amazon shows nothing. McMaster Carr shows nothing. Fastenal shows nothing. Zoro shows 4/16/23 delivery. Grainger shows 4/16/23. Both are drop shipped, likely from the same supplier. Equip dealers I contacted tell me only by part number... Any ideas?
A machine shop could make them easy enough. If you can get a standard nut the right size, just cut slots in the top for the cotter pin. Zoro is a division of Granger, I hate dealing with Granger, but Zoro is great. Go figure?
You may be batting a loser here. For a kickoff M32 is not a standard metric thread size. The Std range jumps from M30 straight to M33. I guess the question is are you sure the nuts are M32 and not M33.? Next up, 2mm pitch is a fine thread at that diameter. 3.5mm pitch is Std coarse thread size for metric for M30 & M33 thread. I think you might have to start with a piece of appropriately sized hexagon bar and have a machine shop make some nuts up from scratch for you.
Uh ha! I must not have zero'd the micrometer correctly last time. This would be m33. It is definitely 2.00 thread pitch.
Zoro shows m33 x 2.0 nylock nuts, and standard nuts in stock. I would either install the nylocks until the nuts get here from China, or cut castle slots in the standard nuts.
Link? When I search Zoro I get 277 pages of results and what I am looking for isn't on the 1st 2 pages.
Ahhh, finally found them and ordered. Wow Zoro's site is difficult to use. It said in stock, Ships in 1 business day... We will see.
I was about to post a link, but you found it. I just put "m33 nut" without the quotes in the search bar and got like 24 choices. https://www.zoro.com/search?q=m33 nut
and the ones I ordered didn't show up in your search results. https://www.zoro.com/zoro-select-m3...ts-2-pk-m011203300200/i/G2660939/?q=G2660939 At any rate, HEF came through for me again!
That doesn't look like a standard amount of thread for the nut. You may be able to install the nut and then mark it as to which pair of flats align with the hole. Measure the end of the nut to the end of the shaft. Remove the nut and drill a single oversized hole for your cotter pin.
The sprocket needs to be pressed on farther. Tightening the nut should do this. Yes, I will measure, mark, remove, and drill the new nuts for cotter pins.
https://belmetric.com/17h-steel-fine-din-937-low-height-castle-nut/?sku=CN30X2.0LOWPLN
Thanks, got them ordered from Zoro once I figured out the correct size. I will bookmark that page though for future use!
Where did that gauge come from, by it's looks ancient Egyptian?
IDK ... had them since you were shatting you diapers I suppose
Somehow I think I'm older than you. But when it came to diapers I made sure and filled them up, I didn't MESS around.
Craftsman tap an die set, had it for 30 years or more. I am 53.