Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parts Problems

tnturkey ยท 2007-05-08 17:10

Do you guys have any problems with your parts suppliers? I get my parts from the dealer and he is nuts. Yesterday he tells me John Deere don't sell that part, and pointed right to it in the book and after I got mad, some how he thought I was talking about another part. Today I give him a part # and he tells me It's obsolete, I said What!!! He said they don't use them on the fuel injectors anymore. I about flipped my lid. I said it goes on the final drive of a JD 550G, he said oh I though your were talking about something else.:Banghead :Banghead If I had somewhere else to get parts I surley would.

Replies6
  1. #1surfer-joe2007-05-08 19:47

    Sounds like you need to have a quiet talk with the partsman's boss, the branch manager, or the owner of the dealership. There is no excuse for having to put up with some clown that isn't willing to help a customer. Deere dealers may not have quite the solid organization that Cat has, but they do have all the right tools to find and get you the parts you need in a hurry. Give it a try and see what happens. Good luck!

  2. #2tnturkey2007-05-08 20:55

    Holt Equipment Company has 4 John Deere Dealers in Kentucky and several in Indiana. I deal with the Corbin store, they are always trying to sell me something I don't need, If I need a real expensive part. I know a Guy in Bell County Kentucky that has a couple of storage sheds with parts. I try him first. I might try looking around Knoxville Tennessee, it would only be another 15 minute longer of a drive. I am the type person that I look up the part number on the John Deere site and know the part number and price. And when I have a piece of equipment down, I don't have time for someone who don't know what they are talking about. It's just me and my dad working on the equipment and running it. We have a JD 550G, JD 350C and a JD 310C backhoe.

  3. #3rumjerk2007-07-25 23:18

    Welcome to the next generation There was a time when the master taught the apprentice. Now the apprentice goes to school for 3 years of techical school, and can't make a peanut butter sandwich without a technical manual, and four hours in front of a computer. It's not deere's fault. You have to get used to the idea of finding it yourself. I always carry a copy of the parts book with me, saves time. Expecially when you have to service a machine in a pile of mud on a hillside. You don't whan to get there and start cursing because you have the wrong part. BTW, if you think Deere is bad, try Komatsu, kubota or hyundai. The change model every 10 minutes.

  4. #4DPete2007-07-26 08:27

    Last year I bought an older Cat 12G grader, it needed new locks on the engine enclosures so I call the local dealer to order them, the parts guy says " whats a engine enclosure?" same dealer when I called for a reman brake pot for our 623 says " is that air or hydraulic brakes?" It will be a good day when I no longer have to deal with those idiots.DP

  5. #5SouthOnBeach2007-07-26 20:31

    thank god for our own parts books. if it wasn't for them who knows how many wrong part i would have got. ointhead

  6. #6Steve Frazier2007-07-26 23:22

    Is that the dealer in Beacon Tuney? They are the reason I have a Cat skid steer. I stopped 3 times and left my number for the salesman, never once had a call returned. I figure if I can't get service to make a sale, it certainly won't be there when I need help.