We have a job coming up that we are bidding that requires pavement grouting. I read the spec understand it just have no clue who would do this work. Any ideas on a possible sub in the NY/CT area?
routing or Grouting? grouting seems to be more concrete than asphalt. new york bituminous maybe up in chester?
GROUTING drilling holes 2" dia. 20 to 30' deep filling with a grout to grade then building aspahlt on top:beatsme
got me? must be a lot of drill holes to support the 'sphalt? never heard of it before, but maybe some of these foundation stabilizer & underpinners may be set up for it.
I think you might find some info if you look around at "Cellular Concrete" I would check with Pipe Slip Lining contractors, as pressure grouting is inherent to that process. Also check with Foundation Leveling/Repair as they also utilize grout pumping. Existing bridge approaches can develop a subsurface void near the deck transition, and are often repaired using pressurized grout pumping to raise them back to the deck elevation, but I'm not sure what specific type of company would perform that operation. I have performed and gotten prices for grout pumping by the cubic yard, and would think that the drilling would be by the foot. (maybe by a blasting or boring co) You also might look into investing in a grout pump yourself, depending on how much you have to do. The mix designs vary, but are essentially lean concrete without aggregate. I would get as much info as you can as this type of thing can make it easy to be low bid, and can really fatten up your profit margin if you do your homework.