Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

paving job in Put Valley, NY

srpccorp ยท 2007-07-16 14:07

One of my tree clients wants to have a section of his driveway re-paved. I brought one of my friends over to check it out, and he flat out doesn't want it. The job is probably around 75 ton give or take. The area needs to be ripped up, the customer has a dumping area on his 30 acre property, so nothing has to be carted away. Obviously haul in item 4 and blacktop. Good customer, pays without any troubles.

Replies17
  1. #1Tick2009-10-08 21:37

    thats a change

  2. #2Pecord Exc2009-10-08 22:39

    that sux I almost responded for real ya had my hopes up!!!!

  3. #3Furthur2010-03-15 19:07

    is this still available? my company can/will do that type of work & were 45 min from there.

  4. #4tonka2010-03-15 21:02

    ^^^ this post is almost 3 years old....LOL!

  5. #5Furthur2010-03-15 21:28

    valid point. perhaps the new guy should check the date of the original post not the last post. at least i made someone laugh.

  6. #6tuney4432010-03-15 21:58

    You made me laugh Furthur.I'm in Potown too.What's your name or Biz name? I'm Wayne Mallen--Mallen Excavating---found the skull to the mastodon in Hyde Park.

  7. #7tonka2010-03-15 23:10

    sorry man just bustin you ____ a little... welcome to the site!:drinkup

  8. #8Furthur2010-03-16 18:11

    @ tuney...names tom, work for avello bros @ tonka...no worries, but i will never make that mistake again

  9. #9tuney4432010-03-16 20:53

    Avello does quality work.I remember when they also paved driveways.Now,just big commercial jobs, right? I remember they did some paving for my Dad and I over at Po'k. IBM. Old Tony and my Dad were friends.

  10. #10Furthur2010-03-19 19:45

    @ tuney... no we still do driveways. the commercial work is the bread & butter though. if you have anything you may be looking at please call & we will price it up.

  11. #11Pecord Exc2010-03-19 19:50

    Do you guys come down my way at all for paving? Could use some good paving contacts!

  12. #12Aliate2010-03-25 10:29

    Im in westchester all the time, was just there yesterday in greenburgh

  13. #13Pecord Exc2010-03-25 12:50

    give me a heads up sometime, maybe we can do lunch or somethin

  14. #14Aliate2010-03-25 14:10

    yeah Id love to come by and check out one of your jobs, Im a little new to the residential excavation/paving business, I have good experience in trenching though. Im usually in westchester every day or at least passing through, I live in rockland.

  15. #15Pecord Exc2010-03-25 21:51

    I will be capping off a water service in greenburgh tommorrow and have test pits scheduled all week next week in pound ridge, ill give you a shout in the coming weeks when i have some time

  16. #16Furthur2010-03-26 20:05

    sorry but i havent been on. we usually stop in northern westchester, but give a call to the office & we can set up an appt. i just dont think we will be competetive on a 20 ton driveway, but if its a nice days paving we can make it work. Avello Brothers 60 Fulton St Po'keep'sie, NY, 12601 845-454-3650 ph 845-454-5736 fax ask for tom

  17. #17Aliate2010-03-26 21:42

    I was in mt vernon today just running some errands, what exactly were you doing with the water service?