Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pay rate

allday61 ยท 2024-10-06 17:21

how much should i charge fema for operating a skidsteer by the hr for hurricane work

Replies3
  1. #1materthegreater2024-10-06 18:48

    Do you think you'll get paid?

  2. #2CM19952024-10-06 18:52

    Welcome to the Forums AD61! Glad to have you. Question - Have you worked for a contractor that has the contract with FEMA before? There are novels of stories written about how the little guy contracted to the "on the ground contractor" that is the 3rd or 4th contractor under the main contractor that has the main contract never received payment or payment withheld because they didn't perform per the contract. FEMA work is a big club and the small contractor ain't in it.

  3. #3MG842024-10-06 19:09

    I've done some work for some of the other four letter agencies in the past, never again. Told them to take my name of their approved contractors list, I'm done with their bureaucratic bullsh!t. Between being given the wrong specs for a job then being threatened I'd have to tear it all out and re-do it, to waiting months for other parts of the project to get completed/approved to get paid I'd had enough. The chain of command between the two agencies involved and from top to bottom and vice versa was completely disjointed, the left hand had no clue what the right hand was doing. And this was a common type of project they've done thousands of... I don't know what to tell you about FEMA, but I'm guessing it would be the same BS. I'd rather just volunteer my time/equipment for free to help with the efforts where I could.