I need a copy of the section on adjusting the brake and cluch linkage on a D3B.Nige helped by sending the section on repairing the brakes to which I am greatful.
Cmon guys,somebody out there knows how to adjust the steering and brake linkages.Tell me.......
Can't help with the info but you might have more success reposting your question as a new thread but this time instead of your screen name put something like "Adjust steering and brakes D3b" in the box that says title, I only read your post out of curiosity of what pbmps referred to.
Me too, I clicked just so I could see what the hell a pbmps was lol.
Thanks guys.I am new to this so please forgive my ignorance.
beb steering and brake linkage adjustment Can someone tell me how to adjust the steering and brake linkage on a D3B S/N 27Y01837. Nige said he would send the instructions but havent heard from yet.
Norite has given good advice. I'd actually intended to get back to this and edit the thread title for you, which I've now done. Hopefully somebody can help you out. And welcome to HEF. On edit: And since you were obviously quicker than me, and posted that new thread before I got to editing the title of this one, I've moved that post here. We might as well keep the discussion all in one place..
Hello pbmps, I did work on my clutches, look in track loader, to see photo's, the thread there may help some. Also to adjust the clutch and brake, you should be able to turn the connection rods, also sometimes the leaver may get worn that can cause play, you have to remove the mount where it goes into the houseing. There is a axcess plate right in front of the brake, 2 bolts, you can put a socket on the hex bolt to tight up the brake, be carefull not to drop anything in the housing. sam.
I trust you have peddal steer so here goes. The clutch linkage rarely needs adjustment but you can check the cam ramp has 0.025" clearance from the roller on he valve spool with peddal at rest. The bolt in the yoke inside the case should allow 3/8" movement to release the clutch. If you have dry clutches adjust the band support bolt up tight and back off 1 and 1/2 turns and lock it up. Tighten up the brake bands all the way and check for peddal movement. If any movement shorten the brake rodss untill peddals will not move. Then back off adjustment untill you get about 6" of travel. If you have dry clutches and don't back the bands off enough they will get hot and lock up. If you have oil clutches they will drive through tight brakes and ruin the drums and linings so make sure the machine will roll free. When finished machine should steer with a light toe pressure on the peddals. If not check the bearings on the valve spool ends have not worn out. Later Bob
Don't despair bpmph, I have a couple photo for you.
And here is a couple more,