Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Undercarriage shops near NW Oregon area?

Jaybo ยท 2012-12-17 12:00

I want to look into the cost of turning the pins and bushings on a SALT track. I am near the Salem area of NW Oregon so places like Portland or Eugene work easily too.

Replies4
  1. #1catman132012-12-18 00:26

    Kroenig tractor 503-835-2011 they turn or replace pins & bushings they are in Amity Oregon just below macminville oregon on highway 99w

  2. #2theironoracle2012-12-18 00:39

    peterson/cat has a press in portland, but i recommend the non dealer guys always first..............theironoracle

  3. #3Jaybo2012-12-18 09:30

    Yeah I called around a bit yesterday and one place was telling me that Peterson and Trek were the only places left he knew of, I know what Peterson labor rates are, So I called Trek and they no longer do P&B's since new chain is cheaper than the labor to turn them. I'll have to give Kroenig a call this morning since they are just up the road from me on 99.. Thanks guys!

  4. #4Jaybo2012-12-18 18:46

    I called Kroenig and they do P&B's! $600 for both sides if you deliver with half the bolts (left side) out of the pads. He also said it might mess the links up doing that and personally recommended replacing with new P&B's it would be $1500 for the set. I need to get my U/C measured this weekend and see what it is at before I go jumping the gun, but it is nice to know there is someone around that will do it for a reasonable price. If I decide to not do anything with the tracks, what happens if I just replace the sprockets with good used or new? I know it will cause more wear on hte sprocket but if the current sprockets are already bad, is there that much to lose?