please see the attached pic. This is a Komatsu PC 150LC-6. Hydraulic fluid leaking from the small torx screw or the large hex. Area circled in Red. Not a bad leak now but enough to leak down & out the cover. Any thoughts. Thank you,
Under the hex head there is usually a O ring that is in a recess. It may be bad and a easy fix.
I'm not familiar with that particular travel motor. I suspect that might be part of the counterbalance with a big spring underneath that cap. Maybe someone has a parts book on the motor itself.
Good day I would endorse JC comments attached is an exploded view sorry the quality is not so good Kind regards Uffex
Are you meaning the large hex head ? Wish I had a parts breakdown and I would not have to bug you guys on strait forward items. If you are referring to the large hex head it sure is tight.
I had the same issue with the same machine, and while the finer details are fuzzy I remember we corrected it with an o-ring, I think it was coming from the larger nut. Clean it up with parts cleaner, lift that side of the machine with the boom and have someone run the track while you watch for the leak, shouldn't take long to show up.
Thank you. I will have a closer look. I do know that nut is on some tight.
Also you should probably stock up on O-rings to. I think I had 3 in a row after the 1st one. I remember one being up under the swing circle and leaking lightly down the hose behind that cover and taking awhile to figure out that it wasn't coming from the vicinity of the motor.
Thank you
Yep, under the large hex head.