Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC 200LC-6

Dave Neubert · 2022-02-16 17:56

I'm working on a PC200LC-6 A80 395 Problem is when you engage travel in either side or direction it takes 15 to 30 seconds to start moving pilot pressure is 500psi I have pilot pressure going out of foot control to manifold beside control valve but only 150-200 psi going to pilot at control and pressure builds very slow. when I swap pilot line with boom travel works as it should. I know there is a balance valve at the bottom of the pilot manifold bank also appears to have some check balls in pilot manifold all other functions work fine anyone help me out also if I could get a parts breakdown of to pilot manifold that sits on top of balance valve it would be helpful Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1John C.2022-02-16 21:37

    The check balls are shuttle valves that shift oil to the pressure switches when you operate the control. I don’t recall a balance valve in the pilots.

  2. #2John C.2022-02-16 21:41

    I’ll do some review and try to bring back some memories. You have an old machine so your problem may be age related.

  3. #3LACHAU2022-02-17 00:28

    According to the phenomenon you describe, I think the cause is in the "fine control hole f" which is inside of travel pilot valve. As explained in the attachment below.

  4. #4Dave Neubert2022-02-17 07:20
  5. #5Dave Neubert2022-02-17 07:23

    I have proper pressure coming out of that valve I lose it at the junction manifold that the balance is attached to

  6. #6Dave Neubert2022-02-17 07:27

    the balance valve is attached to the bottom of the manifold. So if those check balls are not working could it mess with the out put of the pilot to the main control valve

  7. #7Dave Neubert2022-02-17 07:28

    Thanks

  8. #8LACHAU2022-02-17 10:30

    Maybe you mean that "TRAVEL JUNCTION VALVE" ???

  9. #9Dave Neubert2022-02-17 17:52

    yes the ppc shuttle I have full pressure going in but not out I see that there are some check valves in there could the be the problem. Also do you have a parts blow up of the ppc shuttle thank you

  10. #10John C.2022-02-18 12:10

    Found my 200-6 book and I see what you are getting at. There is a spool in the bottom section of that manifold. It is part of the straight travel system. What is does is affect travel pilot pressure to ensure the machine walks straight. Flow to the motors is teed into that valve spool. I'm guessing that spool is stuck or has a weak or broken centering spring. I seem to recall that manifold is behind the cab but don't know if there is access to leave it in place and remove the cap over the top of the spool. I think you are correct in your assumption of that being the problem. Unfortunately I don't have a parts book for that machine. Good Luck!

  11. #11Dave Neubert2022-02-18 13:47

    Thanks

  12. #12Dave Neubert2022-03-26 15:29

    Up date on travel finally found the problem it turns out that the supply hose to the foot control valve has a little filter in the banjo fitting and it was clogged. Gosh so simple and I never saw anything about a filter in the travel system anywhere in the book

  13. #13John C.2022-03-26 17:29

    Wow! Never knew of those strainers being in the pilot system. Good to know.

  14. #14Vetech632022-03-26 20:16

    The joysticks will have that screened fitting also. I found them on a PC400 and the parts and service books didn’t say they existed

  15. #15southernman132022-03-26 23:37

    Good find! A true mechanic and not a parts changer! Congrats!