Hello Everyone, I have an old PC 60 that we have been giving a good going over now that we have spare time. In the manual it talks about checking the PTO gearcase fluid? Remove the plug and if the fluid isnt near the lower edge then add engine oil. Ok I have never checked this before. Nor could I find the flug or filler. Has anyone encountered this before?
The plug is under the pump about an inch and half up from the bottom of the case. You haven't stated what Dash number is on the model number so I can't tell which plug is in there. It will either be a small square head or a regular hex head that an 11/16 or 17 MM will fit. The fill plug is either the breather on top or the plug halve way up the side of the damper case.
Hello, I am sorry to have not included that. Its a PC 60-6. I beleive there is a breather on top but I need to look again today. Thank you very much!
does this need to be changed or just checked?
I don't remember the book interval but at least every other oil change is a good time frame. Overtime I've had to pull a pump and the intermediate drive in a small machine, the oil always smelled awful. Most people who own these machines have no idea of that check until the speed sensor no longer works and they get a fault on the monitor panel.
I will need to check on this. I have never changed or checked this fluid and I have owned the machine for years! Yikes. I dont really work the machine. Its an around the house and shop machine. Sorry for the long time to reply. I dont have regular internet so its only when I am online I can check.