The display monitor on my Komatsu PC120-6 quit working. I bought a new monitor and it doesn’t work either. I traced the power wire from the fuse box to the monitor and it has about 24 volts. The machine cranks up and runs the throttle response but the engine won’t rev to full rpm. Like it’s in a fine grade mode. But since the monitor panel isn’t working, I can’t switch modes. Is there something else I could check?
You should probably check the ground connections. Was going to ask about codes but if the display on the monitor doesn't work, you can't very well access them. If you got the new monitor from an aftermarket source, there is no guarantee the it will work either. Apparently you don't have a service manual?
Thanks John. I’ll double check the grounds. I may take the grounds off and clean them up and reinstall. I was curious that since I’m showing 24volts at one of the pins on the pin connector plugs that something may be wrong with the new monitor. I got it off EBay so it’s probably refurbished. I hate to buy another one before I rule out any other problems.
There are serial number breaks on many of that series of machines so you have to make sure that what you ordered crovers machines within you serial number. I've heard plenty of griping about after market panels not working. You might consider opening you old one up and seeing what it looks like inside. The biggest issue they had was the screen being burned out by ultra violet sun light. The screen would turn kind of a purplish color. The monitor still worked but you just couldn't read it. Do the buttons still work?