Are there any tricks to replacing the fuel lines, besides pulling the cab and almost completely disassembling the upper-half of the machine? I pulled the counterweight to do some routine maintenance (which includes replacing fuel lines). The supply line is sandwiched between the tank and the turret plate - and I mean sandwiched (squished so flat I'm surprised it ran). For the return line I was able to connect a new hose to the old hose and pull it through the chassis void. The supply line however is not pulling through (because the existing line is literally squished under the tank). Is this a factory assembly error? You'd think the tank would have a passage cast into it for running the line without smashing it. . . .?
I don't remember either of mine being "squished" under the tank. I had a pc128-2 and a pc228-1.
There is a hand-hole (removable plate) that opens up directly under the tank's outlet hose-barb for the supply line. My problem is routing in the new line. To remove the fuel tank (presumably what I have to do) requires removing the operator's cab, and all of the hydraulic, electric, AC, and coolant line disconnects associated with it. I'm going to fish around tomorrow with a piece of wire and see if there's an alternate path that the hose should've taken. I can't believe that Komatsu would've intentionally routed the fuel supply line to be squished under the tank.
I believe there is a path, as I had the tank outlet elbow plugged (mostly) on my PC228. I ran new hose when I replaced the tank outlet.
Was able to finally pull it through. Thank goodness.