Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC150 Evaluation

braeburn ยท 2012-07-17 20:18

Checked into this machine this morning. Attached are some pictures. Let me know what you all think. PC150-6, 2000 Year, 5900 hours. I've searched long and hard for a good used 13-15T machine. The biggest concern I have is the leaking boom cylinder. I can have my dealer come out and look at machine, perform a PM clinic, which pretty much checks everything against factory spec. They want $900 to do this. Boom pins look tight, table feels good, bucket pins are very tight, swing brake stops well, auto idle works, pads are in good shape, paint is original and good, pump did not whine or make noise, started straight up from first turn, no smoke. In short, take a look at let me know what you all see here on this used PC150. Every picture I took is hosted below. http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac148/braeburnucs/ J.

Replies5
  1. #1B.U.S.I.2012-07-18 00:36

    Looks pretty good. From what I see, under carriage seems to have good life remaining. I like how it still has original paint. (hate those paint overhauls) The 150 is a good size. Lots of ability but still easy to transport. Is that a 3.9L Cummins or Komatsu sourced engine?

  2. #2braeburn2012-07-18 19:25

    Ok, I'm going to go back and look at this machine again. Can you all point me to things I should inspect closely on it? I've no idea on the machine where things that are important to check are. This machine purchase will be the first large (mid) size excavator that I will buy and the first one I've ever bought used. From here it goes right to work on a bunch of HDPE pipe work, ductile, and then to build a smaller waste water treatment facility. Thanks.

  3. #3Hendrik2012-07-18 19:50

    Looks to be a good original machine, what is the history of it? Owner operator? Ex rental? Company owned? Was it US delivered? Why is it being sold? All you can really do in a quickish inspection is to run it to see if it feels as it should and have the digging power it should have. A leaking cylinder is no big deal and reasonably easy to fix if the chrome is in good condition.

  4. #4braeburn2012-07-18 19:57

    Second owner has had it about 1000 hours. He's an O/O and looks to be good on the maintenance side of things. The rest of his stuff is CAT and older and he maintains those. He's got to get rid of this payment and will be down to a 304C mini as his only excavator. The rest of his stuff is dozer and high lift. He admitted that he really does not need this size of machine much anymore but would keep it for sure if times weren't hard. The first owner was from NJ and honestly it looks like it sat or loaded trucks, the butt has one scratch and the X frame is not bent anywhere. Belly pans are clean with no dents either. No dents on side panels either. He said when he took ownership it still had paint on part of bucket. The paint is original and its got vandalism protection guarding that he took off. Glass is all good. The amazing thing is the original seat without a tear in it. Manuals behind seat too. US delivered machine.

  5. #5xcmark2012-07-18 20:13

    looks to me like a machine I would have crawled all over and opened my bank book for, rare fined given the state of the construction industry and every owner running lean.