Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc200-5 torque control valve solenoid

davecampbell ยท 2020-05-10 21:46

Machine was operating normally when I parked it. A few minutes later someone else tried to use it he said it had no strength. He thought it was because it was low on hydraulic fluid. I added fluid and it took 10 gal to bring it up to the proper level. I fired it up and it acted like it was overloading the motor. If I just pulled gingerly on the controls it seemed to have plenty of strength. I tried adjusting the screw in the bottom of the control valve and it seemed to make only a small difference. Then I tried unplugging the solenoid and that didn't seem to change anything. The solenoid is checking at 50 ohms, so it doesn't seem shorted out or open. I looked in the mirror at the computer codes and I'm getting H2, 08, 15, 23 and 24. I've looked all over in my manual to figure out what those mean with no luck. I also did a search of this forum and cant find them. Maybe one of you can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1LACHAU2020-05-11 00:56

    PC200_PC220-5 shop manual here: Dresser 6220 Excavator similar to KOMATSU PC220-5 problems

  2. #2LACHAU2020-05-11 01:25

    FAULT CODES meaning: 1. .H.2 = Normally, power in H mode and Working MODE is G.O mode. 2. .0.8 = Short Circuit in TVC solenoid System. 3. .1.5 = disconnection in travel speed solenoid system. 4. .2.3 = Front Pump Pressure Sensor System failure. 5. .2.4 = Rear Pump Pressure Sensor System failure.

  3. #3davecampbell2020-05-11 10:20

    Thanks, looks like I've got to find the short.

  4. #4davecampbell2020-06-09 18:27

    I found the short in the wiring harness. I don't have a dot between the digits of my codes. Where is the engine speed sensor located?

  5. #5John C.2020-06-09 21:00

    It's been so long I can't remember which side for sure but it screws into the outside edge of the flywheel housing and has two wires coming out of the top. Sometimes they are a bugger to get out as they are under the muffler. If the thing is bad, you should check the oil level in the bell housing. It's the usual reason the sensor goes bad. A full housing causes a lot of heat and cooks the thing.