Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic fluid change-ISO VG #46?

Kevin Cohrs · 2020-05-11 14:47

Would like to do a hydraulic fluid-filter change on my Volvo EC460B machine. Seen a label on the oil tank which says ISO VG #46. Does it have to be anything more specific than just those standard specs? Found where I can order it in bulk for a fairly reasonable price if its the correct fluid I need. https://buysinopec.com/collections/...ar-hydraulic-oil-fluid?variant=31274813161570

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2020-05-12 07:28

    Good day Kevin extract from the manual hope it helps. Kind regards uffex

  2. #2Kevin Cohrs2020-05-12 11:48

    Thanks. Yeah after further research I found it requires a high viscosity oil. 160 index minimum. Looks like your standard ISO 46 is around 100 index. Not sure exactly how important that number is..

  3. #3bigrich954rr2020-05-12 21:01

    im wondering if its also same type of oil for a ec210c ?

  4. #4mikebramel2020-05-12 22:16

    Probably, dont they both have Kawasaki pumps

  5. #5bigrich954rr2020-05-12 23:46

    Yea I’ve read the viscosity index is a pretty important reading. In oil Temperature change. What’s some good fluids that meet that spec