Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pc200-8 monitor language issue

drsparke ยท 2014-01-29 01:34

I've got a PC200-8 that just came back in from a job and the cab monitor got switched to Spanish. I need to switch it back to English. I can get to the language selection menu no problem, but once there, the only available option is to go back to the previous menu. I can't scroll up or down through the different languages. I have a shop manual but it's of no help in this situation. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2014-01-29 02:28

    Found quick guide https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...2r0aMmtj79PVblpCw&sig2=8_SNtaLRMNUhbm5ivOsu9w

  2. #2drsparke2014-01-29 09:53

    Thanks, but I can get into all the menus fine. The issue is that the language selection is out so I can not change it back to English. Unless I'm totally missing it on that quick quide or in the service manual, they don't say how to "unlock" it.

  3. #3drsparke2014-01-29 12:01

    Meant to say the language selection menu is LOCKED out so I can't select a different language.

  4. #4John C.2014-01-29 20:04

    It sounds like someone put a password into the computer. I don't know how to handle that on these newer machines.

  5. #5DJK2014-02-01 13:36

    Do you have access to service menu or just operators menu?

  6. #6drsparke2014-02-02 13:37

    I had to send the machine out on a job on the other side of the state with it still locked in the wrong language. Have to wait for the machine to come back in again. I was poking around all the operator and service menus on our other pc200-8 looking for anything that would lock the language, but didn't find it. When I go to the language menu, on the manchine in question, the only active button I have is the "back"/"previous screen" one. There is no "up," "down," or "select"/"check mark"

  7. #7DJK2014-02-02 15:16

    I've never had this issue but I wonder if under default under service menu it may default to factory settings? Next time I'm in a-8 I will poke around

  8. #8jey_c2014-02-03 09:18

    Try to post a video or a photo so it will be easier to find out a solution quickly