Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2004 Takeuchi TB135 – Need some help

Mactrev ยท 2014-01-29 17:12

Thought I would ask the pros - I have a 2004 Takeuchi TB135 (bought it used 2 yrs ago) and had some trouble with it today. Had to jump start it with my truck (battery was very weak - its been single digit temps here in Baltimore County) and let it warm up for a good while. The rear blade lifted up & down but had no power to move the tracks or boom. I talked with a nearby Takeuchi tech & he advised that it was most likely the safety switch . He noted that this sends a relay which allows hydraulic fluid to flow and operate the tracks & boom. I was wondering if the cold temps had anything to do with it ?? I never had this problem before. I read up about the glow plugs for the diesel engine - wanted to know if there is a hidden block heater plug ?? I didn't see one Thanks for any help

Replies2
  1. #1brian falcone2014-01-30 21:06

    had the same problem with the one i had at my old job...it also happened in the middle of winter....it was the safety switch under the left armrest. it wont allow the hydraulics to work if the armrest is in the raised position...like when your entering and exiting the cab. new part was i think 49 bucks . if you look under the back of the arm rest when its raised you will see it under there.

  2. #2roadrunner812014-02-01 11:48

    Had the same problem on my machine but instead of the switch the plastic connector had gotten brittle and broken. The combo of that and a tight ziptie pulled the harness apart.