Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC220-7 and straight travel.

H. Shamsi khani ยท 2016-11-01 16:10

Hi guys. An owner asks me to trobleshoot his PC220-7. Problem: Machine doesn't travel straight! I read hydraulic circuit and understand it. Who know what the most common cause of this problem? - Travel pedal differnt pressure - malfunction of steering switch - malfunction of travel junction valve - rotary connection ( swivel joint) - leakage in travel motor. Who has this experience? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-11-01 16:34

    How many hours? You have listed I think most if not all of the possible problems, except perhaps pump or pump controller issues. I tend to think of the swivel joint first. Does the machine act the same in forward and reverse?

  2. #2John C.2016-11-01 20:18

    As lantraxco says plus how many hours are on the machine. You also might want to make sure any dirt or debris is dug out from under the pedals. I tend to do the easiest first so tend to start at the pedals, then the travel motor case drains, then the swivel and if that is all good its on to pump performance. Checking the return filter and the suction strainer in the tank is also a good idea. I believe you can also get a decent pressure check on the monitor panel as well. Good Luck