PC 270 Komatsu excavator Swivel joint is leaking, machine operates normally. Piece of cake with icing to reseal? If not, I may remove swivel and get hydraulic shop to reseal. Anything special to look for such as wear? Or just slide new kit into position? Thanks
How many hours? What model, -7, -8, -10? They aren't bad, I like to pull them all the way out and disassemble them, it's a lot easier to see that way but you could do it in the machine.
It is a -7. Lotsa hours. I will be pulling it out for sure. Are there, like, bushing surfaces to check for wear? I have done a couple before but never on a Komatsu. It is important to me that it is done right and does not leak for 4 years, so feel free with advice!
You just pull the barrel section out and leave the inner in place. The seals are in the barrel. They are tight to install so you have to be careful. You have to press or drive the barrel back down in place. I've never seen any wear on a Komatsu center section. Job takes about six hours the first time with finding plugs and such. After that it's usually three or so. Good Luck!
So what I'm thinking, from what I recall, the tough seals that can be cut easily go between the sections, which would cause problems with functions, but the leak comes from the o-rings on either end? In other words, if it does not leak when a person is done, and functions properly, it should be done properly and work for a long time w/o leaks, correct? Always wanting the best quality work attached to my name, or else don't bother....
Seals finally arrived, ya its truly a piece of cake compared to Daewoo excavator and Link-Belt RT crane I resealed previously. Thanks all.